It is very important that you arrive on time for your appointment.
If you cannot keep your appointment, you must call at least 48 hours in advance to avoid a CANCELLATION FEE
ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY Cancellation fees are not covered by insurance companies, this cost will be your responsibility.
Inclement weather conditions are taken into consideration when needing to cancel an appointment.
The referring physician and, if different, your primary care physician, will receive a copy of your sleep report after our Sleep Specialist interprets the study.
It is your responsibility to schedule a follow-up appointment with your physician or our Sleep Specialist, who will review your results with you AND recommend a treatment plan.
When studied together, your brain waves, oxygen level, heart rate, body positioning and breathing patterns shows our Specialist if you have a sleeping disorder. In order to monitor these factors our skilled technicians will be applying sensors to the surface of your skin, including your scalp, face, chest, legs and finger. Most of these sensors will be applied to your skin with a paste that may not wash out after just one shower. The purpose of the paste is to ensure good contact between your scalp and the sensors.
The sensors are attached to wires, which are plugged into our equipment, sending us information that is collected for your study.
You will be monitored all night long by our sleep technician via these sensors, audio and video. You are able to get up to use the bathroom and you can sleep in any position that you like.
Your technician will awaken you at 5:00 a.m. and you should be discharged by 5:30 a.m. Upon request, you can be awakened earlier. (As long as all of the information needed for your sleep study has been obtained.)
If you find that you have any questions after your study, please feel free to ask your qualified sleep technician.
- Please bathe prior to arriving to the sleep center, with clean, dry hair. Do not use any hair styling products, body lotions or powders, as ALL of these products will prevent the sensors from staying in place.
- Please remove all hair extensions, hair pieces and braids prior to your arrival. We need to access specific parts of the scalp to apply sensors.
- Please remove all makeup and remove nail polish from at least 2 fingernails.
- Bring something comfortable to sleep in. (Pajamas, night gown, shorts, t-shirt, etc…)
- Refrain from consuming alcohol and/or caffeine products 12 hours prior to your study. If you have any questions concerning medications or non-prescription drugs, please ask your physician before coming to the sleep lab.
- Please make sure that you eat a normal meal prior to your arrival at the sleep center.
- Friends and family members who accompany you to the appointment cannot remain in the testing center during the study. If you have special needs please inform us of them when your sleep study is being scheduled. We have ADA accessible rooms. If you do not confirm your needs with us while scheduling your appointment there is a possibility that when you arrive for your study that you may be asked to reschedule.
- Refrain from taking naps during the day of your test to help prevent having trouble falling asleep, but do not risk your health and well-being in the process.
- State law and building policies prohibit smoking in the building.
- Remember to bring: Insurance cards Medication List Photo I.D. If desired, your pillow(s) and blanket COPAYMENT is due at the time of service. We accept checks and credit cards. In advance, THANK YOU!