Preparing For A Test
So that your experience with us goes as smoothly as possible, we request the following:
- Please bathe prior to arriving to the sleep center, with clean, dry hair. Do not use any hair styling products, body lotions or powders, as ALL of these products will prevent the sensors from staying in place.
- Please remove all hair extensions, hair pieces and braids prior to your arrival. We need to access specific parts of the scalp to apply sensors.
- Please remove all makeup and remove nail polish from at least 2 fingernails.
- Bring something comfortable to sleep in. (Pajamas, night gown, shorts, t-shirt, etc…)
- Refrain from consuming alcohol and/or caffeine products 12 hours prior to your study. If you have any questions concerning medications or non-prescription drugs, please ask your physician before coming to the sleep lab.
- Please make sure that you eat a normal meal prior to your arrival at the sleep center.
- Friends and family members who accompany you to the appointment cannot remain in the testing center during the study. If you have special needs please inform us of them when your sleep study is being scheduled. We have ADA accessible rooms. If you do not confirm your needs with us while scheduling your appointment, there is a possibility that when you arrive for your study that you may be asked to reschedule.
- Refrain from taking naps during the day of your test to help prevent having trouble falling asleep, but do not risk your health and well-being in the process.
- State law and building policies prohibit smoking in the building.
- Remember to bring:
- Insurance cards
- Medication List
- Photo I.D.
- If desired, your pillow(s) and blanket
What to expect after Services are completed