- Wash mask daily using a mild liquid detergent such as Ivory or Baby Shampoo to remove facial oils that may shorten the life of your mask/cushion.
- Never use alcohol based products, bleach, lysol wipes or products containing perfumes, lotions or oils on your mask.
- Always let air dry.
- Empty humidifier chamber daily and let dry. Refill at night prior to use.
- Wash and soak mask, headgear, humidifier chamber, reusable filter and CPAP tubing in mild liquid detergent.
- Rinse well and allow all parts to air dry.
Every 2-3 weeks:
- Replace nasal pillow or nasal cushion (silicone piece that touches the nose).
- Replace disposable filter (if applicable).
- Soak humidifier chamber, CPAP tubing and cushion in a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts distilled water for 30 minutes. If desired, wash with soapy water afterwards and allow to air dry.
- Replace full mask cushion.
Every 3 Months:
- Ensure supplies are ordered.
- Cleaning items in the morning will allow for adequate drying time
- Washing your face prior to sleep time will eliminate oil build up on mask and reduce movement of mask.
Items to purchase for CPAP usage:
- Distilled water
- Baby Shampoo, ivory or other mild liquid detergent
- White distilled vinegar
- Surge protector: NO EXTENSION CORDS
- Optional: CPAP mask wipes, Zoey, Lumin/Lumin Bullet (sold at DSDC)